LASG Anthem
*Note: For those jumping out of their seats from an auto-start video, scroll down and shut it off. I apologize, but I uploaded a previous video on Gymnast Tube, which doesn't appear to have anything but auto-start mode on their videos. So until that particular post gets pushed down off the frontpage of this blog (or, I get smart, and upload it to a different host), you'll have to scroll down and turn the video off.
*UPDATE*08/10/2008: Thanks to Coach Jamie, he pointed out the change I needed to make in the embed code, to shut off the auto-start.
This video has been in the works for about 2 months. I could have completed it about a week ago, but wanted to get Alla (owner of LASG) in the video. I didn't realize she was going on vacation (I would have gotten her sooner, had I known; same with Yefim, who took off for Beijing), and she was back in the gym yesterday.
The song choice is from American Anthem, which everyone involved with gymnastics back in the 80's probably remembers. Kids nowadays are not familiar with it (being a box-office smash hit and all.....[/sarcasm]). I think the germ for the idea happened with something making the song cross my mind, and Ita's clapping. Ita loves to clap. Everyone knows it's her when she does it, while warming up her classes.
I tried to get a representation from all the programs offered at LASG. Parkour is the only major one that I didn't capture on film.
Even harder to get everyone into the frame of a 4 minute song, and I tried not to dwell on the guilt-factor and worry about "equal representation" (some people appear quite often); so I mostly stuck in what clips I had that fit the "theme" or "feel" of the video. A lot actually had to be snipped out, as I can only squeeze so much in. The good thing is, I have some good stuff to use in future vids, too.
*UPDATE*08/10/2008: Thanks to Coach Jamie, he pointed out the change I needed to make in the embed code, to shut off the auto-start.
This video has been in the works for about 2 months. I could have completed it about a week ago, but wanted to get Alla (owner of LASG) in the video. I didn't realize she was going on vacation (I would have gotten her sooner, had I known; same with Yefim, who took off for Beijing), and she was back in the gym yesterday.
The song choice is from American Anthem, which everyone involved with gymnastics back in the 80's probably remembers. Kids nowadays are not familiar with it (being a box-office smash hit and all.....[/sarcasm]). I think the germ for the idea happened with something making the song cross my mind, and Ita's clapping. Ita loves to clap. Everyone knows it's her when she does it, while warming up her classes.
I tried to get a representation from all the programs offered at LASG. Parkour is the only major one that I didn't capture on film.
Even harder to get everyone into the frame of a 4 minute song, and I tried not to dwell on the guilt-factor and worry about "equal representation" (some people appear quite often); so I mostly stuck in what clips I had that fit the "theme" or "feel" of the video. A lot actually had to be snipped out, as I can only squeeze so much in. The good thing is, I have some good stuff to use in future vids, too.



11 Comments:
Ugh....I'm a bit "off-rhythm" on some of the claps, so I'll have to re-edit...
Its pretty awesome with out the re-edit even!
I love how there is a miniature story behind each video clip. I kept telling my dad some of them while he watched.
(:
yay! this is really cool, kinda like behind the scenes, but it seems we gymnastics have no rhythm, hahaa. I like the beginning where Ita is clapping and her kids move right on beat
I like the part where julia's hands catch the bar, cut to Darryl and his kid looking over, with the kids sitting, apparently watching julia blaze through bars.
I kinda modeled it after the original video where Mitch jumps up the high bar, starts swinging around, with cuts to the facial reactions of onlookers in the nightclub.
I kinda modeled it after the original video where Mitch jumps up the high bar, starts swinging around, with cuts to the facial reactions of onlookers in the nightclub.
Guess its a movie I need to see now, eh? =)
Not really. I'm referring to the music video.
I synched the off-beat claps, tightened some footage, and added a couple clips.
I'm done with this!
I really do hate to admit it, but the last half of the video has off beat claps...
Are you kidding me?! Check it again...maybe it's the way it's streaming. Which clips?
The one that really seemed off to me still is Zuri and Leticia.
Great video capturing the light side of gymnastics!
I'll have to watch it again. Too busy now. And too late. Bleh, sleep time.
Post a Comment
<< Home