Easter Prayers for Hector and His Family

Coach Hector used to help out with intermediates, around 2004-7. Originally from Colombia, I believe he moved out to Oklahoma by the end of February of '07. Recently, I found out that he suffered a work-related head injury back in June of 2008. He has total amnesia. If anyone has any pictures or videos, let me know. His wife, Maria, is trying to collect them up. I do have stuff to share with her, of course, being the hobbyist film-maker that I am.
I remember once, going to a Cuban restaurant with him after teaching, and it was the most in-depth conversation I had with him on technical aspects of gymnastics and teaching. Actually, the conversation was mostly one-way, as I didn't always understand his English, and just nodded along with what he was trying to communicate. He knew quite a bit, but the language-barrier made it difficult for him to transmit his knowledge base to the class.
Labels: coaches, Hector, intermediates, personal, SMGC



8 Comments:
i can't believe this. this is very sad. thoughts and prayers to him and his family.
It appears that he is in a wheelchair and has difficulty with coordination of his hands and arms.
prayers and thoughts to him and his family.
Hector and his family are wonderful people. We continue to pray for his recovery.
that's so sad, i can't believe it..best wishes to Hector and his family.
After seeing this clip my heart is very heavy. I have shared a year with Hector and have known him only in the wheel chair as he is now. To say that this is tragic is an extreme understatement. The loss to his familiy as well as the loss of his future contribution to the development of young children under his instruction is immesurable. We pray that the Lord will bring hin back to us fully recovered.
I am very sorry to hear this. I will truly miss him. I wish I had known earlier that he was from Columbia, and I would have spoken to him in Spanish. My prayers are with him and his family. Thank you Michael, for this video.
Great news today: Hector called me out of the blue and after finally recognizing who it was I was talking to, I'm happy to report that his memory is pretty much restored.
Don't know much else beyond this. His accent's still pretty thick and I had difficulty understanding everything that's transpired.
Post a Comment
<< Home