Catastrophic Success?
Julia came in to help participate in Sircey's birthday party, today. Before the party, she did a standing back flip by herself after a couple of spots from Yefim; then did a layout on bars! To my knowledge, she's done neither before, by herself.
Pretty good for a non-workout day.
*UPDATE* Julia's comment in this post made me decide to post a clip the device she brought up. Coach John is a master manipulator of this and uses it regularly. Between Yefim and I operating on different pages from the book, we come close to "decapitating" Sircey against the top bar (Yefim thought I was ready to bring her down, when what I was trying was John's method of swinging the rider under the high bar).
Pretty good for a non-workout day.
*UPDATE* Julia's comment in this post made me decide to post a clip the device she brought up. Coach John is a master manipulator of this and uses it regularly. Between Yefim and I operating on different pages from the book, we come close to "decapitating" Sircey against the top bar (Yefim thought I was ready to bring her down, when what I was trying was John's method of swinging the rider under the high bar).
Labels: bars, Birthday, Julia Wallace, Level 7, Sircey, team, What your kids have been doing in the gym



3 Comments:
Oh yay! Thanks for putting these up, I'm so glad/shocked I actually got something done today. I had a lot of fun with Sircey and her friends, thanks for inviting me! =D
Oh, and you forgot the part where you and Yefim went through all this work to try and fix something that had been fixed two days ago.
Oh yeah...that was funny...not.
I come in, Yefim's teaching a private and tells me the spotting belt over bars won't be usable because someone let the rope up to the rafters. It looked normal, minus the belt as I saw the attachments hooked to the bar cables. But I deferred to Yefim's seniority- the coach of Olympians and national champions. He must know what he's saying. Sircey's mom had specifically mentioned and asked for the spotting belt to be used. So Yefim drops his private student like yesterday's news and has me help him bring out that unwieldy ladder. We scale it open, almost killing ourselves. Finally get the end escalated out to hit the pipes up by the ceiling...then at some point, Yefim's juggling with it as it comes crashing down on the lights, raining down chalk dust. I told Yefim I had everything under control and to go teach his private. I set up the 4 spotting blocks under the bars, plus one. Grabbed the ring hook staff and climbed up to the top and was able to reach the spotting rope...then it dawned on me as you walked in that there was nothing wrong with the overhead spotting ropes. And as was confirmed, Stepan had apparently fixed it sometime between then and when Yefim had seen it still not fixed from, I think Wednesday, when Darryl used it. Yefim said no one used it for the party yesterday, and just assumed it still hadn't been fixed. He said Sasha used to do this sort of crap all the time, including the ladder method we almost killed ourselves with.
The things we do for these kids....
Post a Comment
<< Home