UCLA Invitational After Action Non-Report
I've made a lot of bad decisions in life. Sunday was another one of those, I suppose. Every week Yefim would ask me if I was going to the Invite since there would be a special alumni gathering (I think focused on the 1984 team). But I opted out, even though I knew I should probably attend. Setting aside how nice it would have been to see faces I've not seen in over a decade, from a citizen journalist standpoint, it would have given me something to blog about: photos, videoclips, etc.
There was a reception/luncheon at noon, with the meet starting at 2pm. Today at the gym, Yefim and Al talked a bit about it (Coach Dan also went), along with one parent and some of the LASG team girls mentioned it to me. A number of alumni were there, including one guy from the 1930's. Some of the LASG girls were used as runners and got free t-shirts; others from the gymnastics community and local clubs were also in attendance.
Oh, well...can't be everywhere; but it's a bit embarrassing that I decided not to drive 5-7 miles from Santa Monica to Westwood while others flew as far away as Japan to be at Pauley Pavilion yesterday.
There was a reception/luncheon at noon, with the meet starting at 2pm. Today at the gym, Yefim and Al talked a bit about it (Coach Dan also went), along with one parent and some of the LASG team girls mentioned it to me. A number of alumni were there, including one guy from the 1930's. Some of the LASG girls were used as runners and got free t-shirts; others from the gymnastics community and local clubs were also in attendance.
Oh, well...can't be everywhere; but it's a bit embarrassing that I decided not to drive 5-7 miles from Santa Monica to Westwood while others flew as far away as Japan to be at Pauley Pavilion yesterday.
Labels: personal



1 Comments:
Sorry, Michael. It wasn't 1930... Al corrected me. I think it was 1943ish (+/- a year).
My mistake.
Post a Comment
<< Home