What do we need to do? Time you two with a calendar?
Of course, many skills often aren't acquired by anything less than on a calendar timeline.
It's funny how some skills come quickly, and others- no matter how seemingly simple- seem to take forever.
Unless you want to sit through 15 minutes of failed attempts, I suggest you don't watch.
Dramatic music for the drama...
It's funny how some skills come quickly, and others- no matter how seemingly simple- seem to take forever.
Unless you want to sit through 15 minutes of failed attempts, I suggest you don't watch.
Dramatic music for the drama...



10 Comments:
1. You should make a video on all of Nikki's makes. (;
2. Last of the Mohicans? Great movie. Haha.
3. It's Ofri. I like to get you with spelling.
1. I could if "Cap'n Crunch"- er, Cool?- had a higher percentage of success rate on 'em.
I'm also in the process of an overall Nik(k)i video, still going with the Iron Man theme.
2. I love that movie and all the music to it. The music clip was long and repetitive...just like Thea's tries at overcoming flyaway-phobia.
3. Don't know why I didn't catch that...
Yeah for Nikolina... I was screaming at the computer screen to wait longer... hehe like I have any idea how to do that... hehe... YEAH!
Lori,
She's had every piece of advice from varied sources thrown at her, repeated mantras, and still she struggles.
I really think doing swinging half turns up to handstand, swinging back down and repeating it again helps educate the body a lot.
Other than that, I think everything's been tried.
I think I learned swing to handstands before I ever did a blind change..sometimes you even accidentally would go over the bar- which is what you'd want to do on a blind change.
I just don't remember ever having trouble on a blind change. Just something you got the first time you were asked to try it.
Just something you got the first time you were asked to try it.
I wonder if any of it has to do with the different type of bar men use compared to women. And the fact that it is harder to get swing by that low bar. You guys don't have one of those in your way! Haha, jk.
Can't wait for Nikki's video!
Oh...(and I still think my giant problem is similar to Thea's flyaway problem...shhh....)
Hehe yeah I hear you.... so... I have this group of level 4's that cant... well really WONT do good straight up handstands on beam.... we have tried EVERYTHING.... it is drving me crazy... I totally understand! But I have never done or taught a blind change so I would not know... just looks like she needs to just wait longer to turn... but I have no idea... hehe! Anyway GREAT job!
Good luck with those beam handstands, Lori. Just keep 'em at it.
You're right about her needing to wait longer. It'd help if she had a sense of pulling back on the bar with the hand that doesn't release, as she scoops and does the turn. Of course, she's heard this from me a number of times...
...and yeah, I would think swinging men's pipe is easier than women's.
this video is up setting..i wanna cry because of all the ones i have missed...i made 1 out of all the the million that i missed.i think this video inspired me to make all of my blind changes now.i am serious this time and i will not disappoint you and Al.
Oh, Nikki....I hope you're not actually upset; Al and I think highly of you, so you shouldn't let one skill get you upset; although, feeling "inspired" by this- to do better- is one of your best attributes as a gymnast. Al always compliments you on your aggressive, competitive spirit when other gymnasts let their fears hold them back from giving their best efforts.
Also....keep in mind that, yes your success rate at blind changes is on the low end...but the percentage of makes certainly amounts to more than 5 minutes worth of misses followed by a 5 second make.
The video's a bit of "humorous" propaganda, don't you know? It tells a story, but by all means, doesn't tell the whole story.
Post a Comment
<< Home