Les Jeunes Filles et la Vie
I'm fascinated by the conditioning regimen of the rhythmic gymnasts. I watch some of their exercises and it's just impressive to me how each sport evolves their strength and conditioning routines to train the right muscle groups for what is needed.
I filmed this video one summer camp day in July (30th, to be exact). It's only some of their warm-up and stretching and conditioning routine. Nothing special; not even their best stuff; just a typical workout on a summer day.
I had great difficulty editing this one; so I shelved it; then came back to it tonight (I seem to be on a roll this weekend).
I really need to do more filming, to do it right. There's just so many interesting movements; especially with the ribbon, ball, hoop, and clubs. Lots of originality.
Part of why I wanted to finish this video is that I love the music in it (usually the case with all my videos). It's from a French modern ballet.
Ever since I saw this (probably on HBO) back in the 80's, I was riveted by the opening scene of White Nights. Baryshnikov makes ballet for men look cool. This is probably my favorite ballet piece (given that I'm not familiar with any others).
Below is another interpretation of the modern ballet piece:
Ballet de Roland Petit
musique de Jean Sebastien Bach
Bach Passacaglia in C Minor (for orchestra)
Le jeune homme = Nicolas Le Riche
La mort = Marie-Agnès Gillot
musique de Jean Sebastien Bach
Bach Passacaglia in C Minor (for orchestra)
Le jeune homme = Nicolas Le Riche
La mort = Marie-Agnès Gillot
Labels: rhythmic gymnastics



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home