Happy Thanksgiving! (Sorta!)
I've known Keli for 5 or 6 years, at least. For some time now, I'd look over at her and notice her doing more sitting than gymnasticking; or looking pensive. I guess it was predictable: Last week she clued me that when this session ends, she was done. She wasn't progressing, and her mind wasn't into it. Tuesday night after Robyn and I were done with our advanced class, she sat down with us and announced it was her last day.
Most of the footage in this film was shot that day:
Keli leaving makes me sad in a way similar to what it felt like to have the gym close down. Same with Gianna (I didn't even know she quit within a session at LASG, until weeks later). I know that it was probably her time to move on; but it's still always sad to have a chapter close; especially when things end on a note like this. She just felt she was wasting her time and her parents' money if she wasn't going to get better and pursue gymnastics in college.
I hope she treasures her memories and the skills she did manage to develop through gymnastics. I remember trying to talk her into moving up to team for a couple of years before she finally left the intermediate level nest. It seemed like her excuse had to do with money; but when I mentioned it to her dad one day, there was no indication of that and she moved up shortly thereafter. It was like he didn't know she had an interest.
I miss the beautiful young woman she almost is ("almost", not because she isn't beautiful, but because she's still breaking out through her teen years) and the scrawny little booger she once was (not that she wasn't always beautiful back then either).
She says she will pursue pole-vaulting. Maybe she can come in and workout once in a while, since p-vaulters do a number of the same conditioning exercises as gymnasts.
I'm thankful for the memories you've given me, Keli- good and bad! Whatever you do, I wish you the best of luck and hope you always celebrate life to the fullest. Viva la vida!



8 Comments:
Thank you veryyyy much! =) I loved it and I know I'll enjoy watching it when I'm old and can't do anything any more.
This was pretty expected, I'm sure everyone saw it coming for a while. I had a good 10 year run but my time is up. I lost motivation and was not improving, just wasting time and money. I'm doing pole vault for school so hopefully that works out into college or something.
Being thanksgiving, I want to thank everyone at both LASG and SMGC who's helped me throughout the years. Gymnastics has shaped me as a person and i definitely learned more than just skills in my years at the gym. I feel like i've spent more of my waking hours in the gym than i have at home, you all have become like a family to me. So thank you, especially the coaches. I'll miss you all but i'll come visit and keep in touch.
Thanks again
& good luck to the gymnasts!
<3 Keli
keli.ward@yahoo.com
keep in touch
keli nooooooo!
Keli, good luck with the pole vaulting. You are a bueatiful young lady and I am definitely glad that I got to know you.
Crislin says "Remember her".
luv and kisses, and you better visit
Keli!!
I miss you already, hahaa, you always livened things up and made me laugh, good luck with pole-vaulting!!
-Juliaska
keli wrote:
Being thanksgiving
So how was your tofurkey?
michael,
as always you did an amazing job putting footage together to make nearly anyone who watches it cry like a baby. thank you.
keli,
so happy that you were able to make a change happen and feel really good about it. letting go of something that is such a huge part life can be very difficult. i wish you the best luck in school and in p-vaulting.
see you soon,
carolina
take care
Thank you everyone
it was definitely hard but should be for the best
and yea yea cheesy but this isnt goodbye its see you later :)
haha my tofurkey was veryyy yummmy i ate too much though, i never wanna eat again!
how was your thanksgiving?
letting go of something that is such a huge part life can be very difficult.
Very true, carolina. Something I keep coming back to, myself.
haha my tofurkey was veryyy yummmy i ate too much though,
I'd think one bite would be one bite too much, keli.
how was your thanksgiving?
Well...I decided to stay in town aaaaaaand....basically work on a few videos and do some laundry. lol.
Post a Comment
<< Home