Academy Meet After Action Report
I didn't get to really do much filming (too busy working). But I'll spend these next two days posting up some of the things that I did capture. Sunday morning started out with a last minute private. Alyssa has only been in my Saturday intermediate class for a few weeks, and only decided to do the Academy Meet midway through her class the day before the Academy Meet (and was also late to class). She pretty much learned the floor routine this weekend. Running late to her private, she explained her mom had to run to Starbucks. That she always has to stop there, no matter what. I didn't realize before what a funny kid she is. She bombarded me with conversation that seemed random and irrelevant to the task at hand. On vault, after landing her handstand to her back, she tells me, "My arm pits smell." Over at bars, we had a conversation that went something like,
Alyssa: "Can I go tell my crazy mom something?"Don't you love how she set me up?
Me: "Yes."
Alyssa: "You think my mom is crazy?!?"
Participants were supposed to arrive at 12pm. When Alyssa showed up sometime after 1pm when we were about to march out, I asked her, "Why were you late". She nodded her head matter-of-factly, "Starbucks."
She and Sydney can be somewhat of a pair of misfits when they are together in class. They just bonded from day one; had each other at, "Hello." So it's appropriate that they did their floor routine together:
Here is Janie, doing her floor routine:
I don't teach her, but knew her and her older sister Gracie from when they came to SMGC over summer camp.
Alejandra's come a long way, since the last Academy Meet. Grace and Sophie shown here are "graduates" of my advanced group. It is amazing, to see Grace doing this because she is not the kind of person that gets up in front of a crowd. Learning routines did not come easy to her, either. She was invited to team earlier in the year, but wasn't ready then. Same happened with Emma Shapland who is also now on team.
More to be added later....
Labels: Academy meet, Alyssa, Janie, LASG Intermediates, rhythmic gymnastics, Sydney



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home