Have a Happy Handstand!
This is another mish-mash video. I just couldn't help from making it because I love the song, after hearing it on a TV ipod commercial.
Video clips are taken from 2005 up to present. A mix of SMGC and LASG.
I probably could have found better (and current) handstand footage, but the idea of turning this into a handstand video only occurred to me after I had already edited some other footage into it. I wanted to try to match the footage to the lyrics, so I had to "stage" a few scenes. Yes, I actually brought strawberries to put in the gym freezer, asked Julia to bring her jeans to the gym, and made a quick pit stop over at Thea's just so I could capture someone with "grass stains on her knees".
Enjoy!
Video clips are taken from 2005 up to present. A mix of SMGC and LASG.
I probably could have found better (and current) handstand footage, but the idea of turning this into a handstand video only occurred to me after I had already edited some other footage into it. I wanted to try to match the footage to the lyrics, so I had to "stage" a few scenes. Yes, I actually brought strawberries to put in the gym freezer, asked Julia to bring her jeans to the gym, and made a quick pit stop over at Thea's just so I could capture someone with "grass stains on her knees".
Enjoy!



53 Comments:
i love this video and the song is great! gonna have to load that one on my ipod.
thanks michael.
see you today at the gym!
carolina
That's pretty funny...considering I became aware of the song from that nanochrome ipod commerial.
very cute!! i'll have to show it too my neighbour, her daughter's in there quite a bit at the beginning
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fantastic Michael!
You did forget filmed on location at Santa Monica Gymnastics Center though...
They deserve a lot of credit, ya know?
Haha. I liked the part where the smallest kid on the boys team wins the handstand contest. And the freehip part. (; AND MAY! So great to see her in a video again.
And the part with Al and his junior class back at SMGC.
Another knock out of the park, Michael. Brillaint. =)
That song was beautiful! Ha, I didn't know you were filming me when I was being filmed for that audition, my one handed stands are much better now. Anyway, it was a great video!
- Jamie
neighbour,
British?
her daughter's in there quite a bit at the beginning
I miss Madison and Brookie! They along with Dakota used to tackle me with hugs!
You did forget filmed on location at Santa Monica Gymnastics Center though...
They deserve a lot of credit, ya know?
Check again...I'm sure that's in there.
I liked the part where the smallest kid on the boys team wins the handstand contest.
Impressive how he planche-dips it to save his handstand...but all of them have terrible shapes in their position.
And the freehip part. (;
You got off the beat toward the last couple...and you've gotta work on those straight arms and hollow!
AND MAY! So great to see her in a video again.
I don't have that much of May; didn't do a lot of filming at the time she was there; the bulk of my filming really happened summer of 2007 and when I knew we were closing. You can tell the crappy resolution of my first camera, too.
And the part with Al and his junior class back at SMGC.
Yeah, like where they're running around him while he's spotting Reese...like Custer's last stand, circling the wagon.
If you watch close, you'll notice as Al stands up, Tiffany jumps to a stop to form a line with her hands behind her back and a halo over her head.
my one handed stands are much better now.
I wanted to film you doing them yesterday, but I was too busy teaching...
...might have made the cut.
Sorry to Niki if you're reading this...your strawberry-munching didn't make the cut; it might have fit if I took Darryl out...but his reaction was too priceless; and the long shot seemed timed pretty well with the music.
I loved this... now i have that song stuck in my head.
I prefer to spell things the way they are supposed to be spelled...including Nikki's name
Hahah i love this :D
good job!
Keli,
It turned out that today was Hannah's last day. Unless she does a makeup.
Glad you liked the video.
I loved this... now i have that song stuck in my head.
Don't we all, Janelle?
I prefer to spell things the way they are supposed to be spelled...including Nikki's name
I still think it makes sense to extrapolate "Niki", from "Nikolina".
"Just because you spelling Nikolina with one K doesn't mean Nikki has to be...it looks Persian with one."
-Nikolina Woodruff, Oct. 6, 2008
O:-)
and btw, michael, i think you should get a facebook
I've resisted myspace; but do have a facebook account. Those things weird me out. I periodically get notices from people to be added as friends, but have yet to accept any.
All the Persian Nicole's at our school spell it "Niki"
And Facebook is much safer and less complicated than MySpace, you can connect by your old or current schools and stuff, its pretty cool
:O Did you just call Michael old?
Shame on you Julia.
(jkjk, you aren't old michael, and julia would never say something like that)
Or would she?
By the way, it's Nikki.
how would that even remotely translate into something meaning he was old? O_o
which you're not, btw, michael, hahaa
XD I love these random conversations that don't even translate into the video. Brilliant, right?
=)
More like...
xD Took me a minute. Okay, we'll stop "spamming" your blog!
xD Took me a minute. Okay, we'll stop "spamming" your blog!
-_- oops. :P
The natural flow of any conversation will eventually steer off-topic.
I like spam on rice, wrapped in seaweed: musubi.
Ewww, spam!
O:-)
I'm with ya Julia. Spam=Every kind of food mashed into a can. ._. >.<
Strange, right?
Spammers!
COMMENT #29 COMMENT #29 COMMENT #29 COMMENT #29 COMMENT #29
you're not slick
dude, i'm so slick that you don't even know who's commenting anymore! beat that.
oh, and.....
your face. xD
oh noes!! michael's been captured!
Lets go under cover. *puts on secret service shades*
Well....looking at the statcounter and seeing "verizon" and "road runner", I'd say both Erin and Julia are up to no good.
you cheated!!
guess who now? hmmmm???
ahh, you will never know michael. never know.... :O
Dang email. psh.
Nice blog Wordsmith.
I love this video. That there Julia and Erin seem like an insane pair of people you have in your life. Good luck in the future trying to handle them. Strange children are, aren't they?
-Elvis
Based on the time, 7:34pm, and I had just left the gym minutes before, with Julia showing Janell the comments-gone-wild on Janell's laptop....I'd say elvis lives= Janell.
Now go shake those hips!
lol so sorry wasnt me... but ill protect you if that there Erin and Julia corner u at the gym...
elvis remains unknown?
lol
signed the real Janell
"ahh, you will never know michael. never know.... :O
Dang email. psh."
wow, umm, hun? you don't have to put an email, right?
Considering I got an email from Julia 9 minutes after this last comment, I'd say Julia's the culprit above me.
*POINTS FINGER AT JULIA*
shame on you... tisk tisk
Haha, this is Julia's friend from animation class. Yes I found this blog though her.
She sits next to me in class. I like watching rap videos instead of doing my classwork. But don't we all?
Haha, this is Julia's friend
I'm so sorry. You have my deepest sympathy.
I'm so sorry. You have my deepest sympathy.
Ouch Michael. That was cold. Julia, do you think you need some ice for that burn?
How about an icy-hot patch?
which michael?
That Michael! *points*
Hey! Stop talking about me.
that kid in my animation class is also named michael...
Oh no! An identity has been revealed!
I would like to propose a theory that almost everyone posting as an "unknown" in Erin
And yet, Erin could have posted that last post as well! Curious, no?
No.
Michael, you need to check out the bruises I actually got on my knees!
Post a Comment
<< Home