Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Beginning Gymnast's Life

This video was rather spontaneous. Around 11pm last night, I was in the mood for making something and poked around in my music library. I found a song I had downloaded from an mp3 site, without any familiarity with the song (I'm officially, no longer "hip"); just, the title of it caught my eye; and the sound caught my ear enough to inspire a video. So, 4 hours later, at 3AM, I completed a video for the beginning/advanced classes. With a song slightly above 3 minutes in length, there's no way I could include footage of every kid in that level, and decided not to even try. Without digging too thoroughly, I just snatched from my library, whatever clips seemed to fit. And yes, there is a certain over-representation of certain kids. It just worked out that way.

I did have trouble printing this out for some reason. Windows Movie Maker would only save about 2/3rds of the video, always stopping at 2 minutes, 29 seconds; I finally seem to have solved my dilemma by tweaking the avi clip it was "stuck" on. A royal pain. But I like the overall turnout:



Yes, the song's about teenagers; and the vid's about kids younger than that; I just thought the chorus of children's voices sounded like...children. And British children, at that. So don't try to make too much logical sense, explicating meaning and trying to connect the song to the footage; it's just music you can bop your head and tap your foot to as you enjoy watching the kids you know (or maybe don't know).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home