"100 Years"
I've been at work on this one for quite a stretch of time. It's been slow gathering, and I finally got impatient and finished it. Not perfect, the way I wanted it, but it's got a lovely concept about it. The song is Five for Fighting's "100 Years". I tried to give a sense of the passage of time and of personal growth. I didn't include very much in the way of footage of actual gymnastics progress. What I mostly wanted to show (I've only had this camera for about 3 years, and didn't do any serious filming until a year and a half ago) is how the gymnasts have "grown up" over the past....however long I could chronicle them for. They do grow fast.
Keli would not let me photograph her today in the gym, but she now stands quite a bit above my shoulder level. This photo is of Keli in May of 2003. I believe she was 10, then. Perhaps it's just as well that we did not take that picture I wanted today, as I'm 3 years heavier and 3 shades grayer in my hair, now (thanks to all the scares the kids put me through, year in and year out).
Some of the blends are footage of mothers and daughters enjoying their time in the gym. Can you pick out who's related?
The kid shown in the backhandspring progression is Mackie. A very hard worker, she is!
I will probably re-edit this video, if I'm still around in the next few years, and still filming. Or perhaps, a whole new song entirely with the same theme of showing the growth from when people were first starting to learn a skill to when they have finally mastered it.
I can think of a number of footage I COULD have included, but the song is only so many minutes long. So, here you have it. Enjoy!
Keli would not let me photograph her today in the gym, but she now stands quite a bit above my shoulder level. This photo is of Keli in May of 2003. I believe she was 10, then. Perhaps it's just as well that we did not take that picture I wanted today, as I'm 3 years heavier and 3 shades grayer in my hair, now (thanks to all the scares the kids put me through, year in and year out).Some of the blends are footage of mothers and daughters enjoying their time in the gym. Can you pick out who's related?
The kid shown in the backhandspring progression is Mackie. A very hard worker, she is!
I will probably re-edit this video, if I'm still around in the next few years, and still filming. Or perhaps, a whole new song entirely with the same theme of showing the growth from when people were first starting to learn a skill to when they have finally mastered it.
I can think of a number of footage I COULD have included, but the song is only so many minutes long. So, here you have it. Enjoy!



4 Comments:
yay! i was in there
w00t
...
are you from nantucket?
just wonderin
You know better, Rosemeri!
I've posted on message boards before as "The Man from Nantucket" and thought it just sounded funny, is all.
Everyone misses you!
(can't figure out where I left the first comment).....
Thank you for your reply. I’m amazed that you did all those vids with only a digital still camera!!! You really captured a lot of great footage.
I found your blog because when I went to update J’s (she had state meet this weekend and won 1st place AA! Hooray), I felt too lazy to do it, so I typed gymnast into the search and your blog came up.
I love to see how other people put together video clips. I think this is going to be a new art form! To be able to tell a story or draw emotion from such a short, short film is really something. You have a real talent for it.
Anyway, I am going to try to add video to my dds blog. Meanwhile, if you are interested in seeing any of the gymnastics music videos I've made, you can email me at tumble_on_in@yahoo.com and I will send you a link. Thanks again for sharing your talent and your kids. You have inspired me. SM
(can't figure out where I left the first comment).....
lol....the original post is here. Someplace Under the Rainbow video.
I will e-mail you. Thanks! And I'll be happy if I can be of any help to you!
Post a Comment
<< Home