Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Thea the Gymnast Chapter Three: ~Theatrics~


Thea turned 8 in August; and, in part, because of the movie music I used in her previous videos, I thought it'd be fun to continue the theme of parodying epic movies; and what blockbuster hit is without its endless string of sequels? So, I shall continue to chart Thea's progress. Her silliness in the beginning, I think, is because she was finally seeing the fruits of my labor in filming, and went through a brief phase of hamming it up for the camera. It's interesting to see how much her gymnastics has matured within just the past couple of months. That's in large part due to her coach Alexis. Thea has a lot of problems with form, and Alexis has not tolerated sloppiness from her. The last clip is a tease of Thea in the dawn of acquiring the dance elements in the level 5 floor routine. I am quite impressed by how far she has developed, almost overnight, in her sense of performance and grace; and also her ability to retain, as she used to have a bit of difficulty in memorizing routines. I think it's just that she's starting to "get it", and beginning to understand what artistic gymnastics is supposed to look like. She will graduate on to team next session, after the holidays, along with a couple of other fellow intermediate class gymnasts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home