Thursday, December 02, 2004

"Someplace Under the Rainbow"




A parody of "The Wizard of Oz". One of my early video experiments, and a long one at that, just under 100 MBs. It's still one of my favorites, and I think has that *sigh* factor that makes you feel heart-warmed at the end. The rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Ray Charles just lifts me through the stratosphere.

I think this was also my first experimentation in applying sepia to good use. It was fun to make the transition from sepia to technicolor and back again.

2 Comments:

Blogger tumbleintodreams said...

I love all your gymnastics videos. I've been putting gymnastics to music for about a year and it is magical! So far I only use Windows Movie Maker. Did you do all your editing with that? Or did you use another program? I really loved watching your gymnasts! Looks like you have a great program. I'm all the way on the East Coast and I've had kids in gymanstics for 12 years! I'm going to try to put some of my movies on my blog. Thanks for your inspiration! SM of NC

Monday, March 13, 2006 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Thanks for your comment, and your compliment!

Windows Movie Maker is all that I am using, as well. Yes, all the editing is done through it. You can get pretty creative by combining the special effects in different ways. It's neat when you discover something new.

I'd be happy to link to your blog, btw.

Monday, March 13, 2006 8:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home