Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Inspirational 62 year old learning RO BH

I don't know how I ended up on this channel, but I did:




The video is from 2013, and I believe he was 62 at the time.  You can see some of his other videos, recording his journey.



This is what it says about him on his YouTube channel intro:

A Life-Changing Event:
On Oct. 2004, Lee was in a serious life-death accident. Upon awaking from a coma, he was told that his right foot and ankle was spared amputation due to the insistence of his wife to reverse the medical recommendation to amputate. The medical opinion was that he would never be able to use his right foot or ankle in a normal manner and that the foot would be problematic in the following years.

Lee's recovery involved a month long hospitalization period, and 2 months convalescence period before stepping back into the gym to regain his noteable strength and fitness.

Lee carries a permanent wound on his right foot which needs care at least on a weekly basis. When asked about it, Lee smiles as he says " I may have pain every day, but I don't suffer. The pain is an acceptable part of my day, considering the alternatives."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home