Tuesday, April 15, 2014

So Girlie!

Okay, I'm masculine enough to admit it:  I made these over the weekend:





So yes, I invested in a loom and lots of colored rubber bands.  Skin tone colors and brown are difficult to find (just ordered some online directly).

Anyway, I think it might be too long and difficult of a project for summer camp; but I'm thinking I can give these out as reward incentives.

My Hot Shots already have a reward system (idea inspired by Coach Robyn) where I give stickers throughout workout (good behavior, showing improvement, winning a contest, meeting a challenge, etc.).  The gymnasts then put them on index cards, bookmarks, and flexagons.  When there are 20 stickers on a card, I sign off on it (the gymnast then gets to take it home) and convert it into dollars- $2/20 stickers, using garage sale stickers.  They take that $2 sticker and put it onto another index card.  They then save up dollars to purchase from my "store".


 I also have skill cards and record strength gains onto cards, which all gets stored and filed behind their names in an index card box.



A tetraflexagon








Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home