Rainbow Loom Gymnasts
| Two loom bracelets made for me by two of my gymnasts (No, I don't normally wear them) |
I don't know when nor how exactly this hobby got started; but I noticed it around summer of last year when kids at the gym were bringing in their looms and obsessing over making bracelets during snack and lunch break at camps- so much so it was hard to get them back out onto the floor for practice.
I don't know how I ended up here (finding the Youtube video by accidentally clicking down the sidebar link trail), but by chance discovered something that I am sure will get kids at my gym excited. I don't know if they even are aware that making gymnasts are possible (I had no idea there were even figurines or things other than bracelet making). The following are original designs:
Apparently the above designer plans to create some of the other event apparatus as well, like the uneven bars (according to one response I read in her comments section).
Another original designer for rhythmic gymnasts:
Depending on how long these take to make and the complexity level, it might make for a fun summer camp project.
Here are some other links I happened to notice- probably not an exhaustive list; nor can I vouch for quality of the tutorials. I'll leave that up to those who actually are into rainbow looms to be the judges:
how to make a gymnast charm | rainbow loom
The gymnast on rainbow loom tutorialRainbow loom gymnastics figurine
PG's Loomacy photo
Crafty Ladybug's photo
Labels: toy



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home