Merry Christmas to All!
Seeing this post from Rick, I thought I'd share the following which I made up and would recite during warm-ups, adding a bit more to it each day and refining:
That's about as far as I got by camp's end.
Last year during winter camp, I had a bungee cord around the midsection of my gymnasts as they ran sprints, so they could drag me along. And I'd holler, "....to the top of the roof, to the top of the wall, now dash away, dash away, dash away all!" I also made up substitute lyrics then, but don't remember what used.
*I would randomly select a kid's name to say along with whatever skill I associated with her.
"T'was now 1 day [first time I started saying this in the gym, it was 10 days before Christmas] before Christmas and all through the gym,
The gymnasts began stirring, feeling mighty fit and trim.
Their grips were all hung by the lockers with care,
In hopes that Coach Kort soon would be there.
Thea lay snuggled all warm in her bed,
While visions of her overshoot danced in her head.*
And Amy in her Bruinwear,
And I in my Santa hat,
Had just settled down,
On the cold, cold hard panel mat.
When out on the Tumble Trak there arose such a clatter,
That I sprang from the panel mat to see what was the matter."
That's about as far as I got by camp's end.
Last year during winter camp, I had a bungee cord around the midsection of my gymnasts as they ran sprints, so they could drag me along. And I'd holler, "....to the top of the roof, to the top of the wall, now dash away, dash away, dash away all!" I also made up substitute lyrics then, but don't remember what used.
Merry Christmas!



1 Comments:
Why did I never hear this??
Post a Comment
<< Home