Saturday, July 24, 2010

Flyaway in a Day



I like the setup I used with the resi today, for Abby's half-hour private; call me crazy, but I think it'd be even more interesting if I stacked two resis. It would force the gymnast to have to ride the swing up and learn how to pitch it out. Like the mountain wall setup, the gymnast can then roll off backward. Would definitely try it if I had a pit under the bar; but even without one, spotted....I think it'd be ok with a spotter. It'd serve the same function as a slant wall. The gymnast's goal would be to land on her back on the top resi (unlikely without assistance- especially if the resi is setup far enough away for swinging with straight legs); or, land candlestick shape on the edge of the resi, roll off backward.

Of course, this is assuming they'd all do the drill correctly. I'm sure someone can find a way to splatter wrong; so I still have to think this through and realize possible outcomes from the one desired.

...one of the things I hate most is when the gymnast lets go early. I'd think having a "wall" there would "disincline" the gymnast of having this problem, and she'd aim to land her back on top of the two resis instead of sailing feet first into the resi wall.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Good job Abby!
Kinda looks like my fly-away, a tad close to the bar, no?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home