Saturday, February 06, 2016

GoFundMe for Cassie Whitcomb

A former UCLA Bruin, Cassandra Whitcomb recently had spinal fusion surgery:

As many of you probably know...I finally received the spinal fusion surgery I've been needing for a while on Monday. I was no where near prepared for the recovery that it entails. For the past 5 days I have found myself in a gloomy mood feeling as if the pain will never go away. But for some reason, I woke up today and I told myself it was gonna be different. I wrote out some goals on a white board to be accomplished by the end of the day. Such as, sitting up in a chair for 15 minutes or changing my bandages. Simple but something to strive for. I realized that this is a new chapter in my life. Many times new chapters are scary and bring something new and so we don't recognize the chance to grow and learn. Well I am taking a moment today to reflect on just how far I have come with this injury, what I have endured, and how much better my quality of life will be after recovery. Anything worth having is going to require some work to get there. So I'm getting to work

Cassandra's mom:


Cassie is a former International/National Team Gymnast (about 6 years!) and was on the National Tops Team for about 5-6 years prior to that! She spent most of her young life competing in Gymnastics  (since she was 4 1/2 years old!) Her passion was always to be the best she could be. Regardless of her pain, she just kept going. When she made the National Team, she worked through many injuries to help her team win gold medals in many countries (Belgium, Italy, France, United States, etc) You can find several videos on you tube: "Cassie Whitcomb"...
Random clip I filmed of her doing an exhibition routine a few years ago:




Go here if you are able to donate; and/or help spread the word to others who might contribute.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home