Monday, March 03, 2014

Are you any closer today than you were yesterday?

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way.  If you don't, you'll find an excuse."
-Jim Rohn



The Hunter and the Woodman



A HUNTER, who was not very bold, was searching for the tracks of a Lion. He asked a man who was felling oaks in the forest, if he had seen any lion’s footsteps; or if he knew where the lair might be.  Said the WOODSMAN, “I will at once do you one better:  I will show you the Lion himself." The Hunter, turning very pale and chattering with his teeth from fear, replied, "No, thank you. I did not ask that; it is only his tracks that I am in search of; not the Lion himself."




It is sometimes the case that I hear athletes talk lofty goals they've set for themselves:  Bar release....college scholarship...elite....Olympics....

And it is sometimes the case that some of these athletes don't or won't do the groundwork needed to get them there.  They train as if they expect their goals will just magically fall into their laps.  Excuses....procrastination....negativity....distractions.



Question is:  What are you doing RIGHT NOW to bring yourself one step closer to achieving your goals?



Find an excuse to win ALL the time:




"Winning is not a some time thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." 
- Excerpt from Vince Lombardi's speech, "What it takes to be #1"





Chainey said the following after the 1996 Olympic games in Atlanta, “Standing at the horizontal bar at the 1996 Olympic games with over a million Americans watching, knowing that the hopes and dreams of an Olympic media rested on our team’s effort, I could not help but recall the Olympic motto that was spoken at the opening ceremony. ‘The most important thing in the Olympic Games in not to win, but to take part just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph, but the struggle.”







Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home