Saturday, January 04, 2014

Trapeze Flyaway

Trapeze and swinging rings are a good place to learn the art of tapping.  How much carry-over does it have as far as bar work goes? 

I've heard of having gymnasts work flyaways on short trapeze or rings attached to the high bar.  There's less likelihood of pulling back into the bar.

 Here's an interesting route to acquiring a layout flyaway:






Hmm...Not really convinced in the merits of this approach.  I see problems with head throwing and shoulders closing.

Okay, I found a DGS product:
The trapeze-type motion of the bar forces your body into the tap position on the back swing, the extended position at the bottom of the swing and the pike position at the top of the swing. Try it and see how it improves your beginning swingers' tap swings!
Their product video doesn't really promote the virtues of good habit/technique flyaway training with the Tapeze, however:





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home