Saturday, December 02, 2006

Thea the Gymnast Chapter Five: ~Theaphany~


This will probably be the last in the series, making "Thea the Gymnast" a pentalogy. Have no fear though: a brand new series begins December 25th (at least, that's my target goal).

As much as I love the Basil Poledouris epic soundtracks, it's time to move on to a newer theme. Since one of Thea's strengths is her strength, the Conan music seemed to fit. This latest and last video, however, doesn't focus on her physical strength, but on one of her weaknesses. Knobby pidgeon-toed knees, sickled feet, and initially, a lack of understanding of form and artistry, Thea's actually come a long way in less than a year. I think her ongoing transformation can find representation in how she used to do the final pose in her level 5 floor routine, to how she does it at the end of the video. I used to secretly chuckle at it because you could tell she had no clue what the whole point of standing there at the end of the routine was all about. The footage is mostly taken from around summer of 2005, December 2005, then throughout 2006, up to summer.

I had a deal of difficulty editing this one. I just wasn't sure what to put in it; and I felt like I was riding on fumes, as far as the footage goes. Nothing terribly exciting; mostly just spare part footage; but still fun to make for Thea (I think I just like listening to the music).


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Doubledouble13 said...

I went back and watched the old videos too. Wow, Thea has improved a lot in the last year. It was great to watch her progress from video to video.

You've motivated me to start editing some of my old videos in Windows Movie Maker.

Lynn

Monday, December 04, 2006 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Thanks for taking the time to watch the whole series, Lynn.

As a former SMGC student, if you do edit those vids and host them on YouTube, let me know. I'd love to be able to link or embed your videos here. I'm sure Al would get a kick out of it, too.

Monday, December 04, 2006 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Doubledouble13 said...

If I come up with anything good, I'll let you know. But I will probably try to find something more private than YouTube (if that's possible?).

Keep up the good movie making.

Lynn

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 12:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home